CAREER POSITIONS AT CAPE ASSOCIATES
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid personal days (floating holidays). We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year.
CAPE ASSOCIATES FIELD POSITIONS
Foremen should have at least seven to ten years’ carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools, own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials) and should have a Construction Supervisor’s License. Foremen should have the leadership skills to run a crew; building everything from a small addition to a complete house. Foremen should be willing and able to train their crew of journeymen and apprentice carpenters with the techniques to make them better craftsmen. They should be well organized and able to communicate easily and effectively with owners, office staff, subcontractors, and designers. The foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of construction. He should be able to meet quality standards, cost requirements, and project time schedules. Must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Laborers should be physically fit, have a driver’s license, and own some basic tools, work boots, and gloves. They should have a willingness to learn the trade and to advance in the trade. This is an entry level role for anyone new to the industry and/or new to the carpentry trade. Must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Journeyman Plumber (Apprentice and Master Levels)
Journeymen must have the following skills: ability to inspect, repair, install, modify and maintain plumbing fixtures in heating, water and drainage systems in both the rough and finish stages; ability to identify electrical, plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and be able to take necessary corrective action. He/she must be familiar with all standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to plumbing and have a current journeyman license with the understanding that continuing education requirements must be followed and up to date. He/she must also be able to work independently or under supervision (Experience with heating systems a plus). Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
Administrative Assistant (AA)
The required skills for this position are as follows: Excellent customer service, flexible and adaptable to a high-pace work environment, excellent time management, able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively, ability to maintain professional conduct under high pressure, superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize when given multiple tasks and have a desire to learn outside of current skillset. Must also be willing and able, at times, to put in additional hours outside of standard weekly hours for occasional meetings, events and expos as well as be knowledgeable in many aspects of technology. Also required to be resourceful, creative, and intuitive, have excellent typing skills and knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge in Foundation a plus; otherwise will be required to learn immediately.
Director of Finance
– Oversee the company’s accounting systems including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, job cost, and as a backup for payroll entry and accounts. Accounts to be reconciled monthly.
– Prepare pre-tax monthly financial statements: income and balance statements for the corporation and income statements for the departments. Review these statements and any supporting documents with the Executive Committee.
– Review and reconcile bank statements, assist in cash management control and projection, and enhance overall banking relationships.
– Prepare and finalize annual sales and overhead budgets with Executive Committee
– Monitor and report on the accounts receivable status. Send statements and overdue notices (certified mailings) to those accounts over 60+ days.
– Create a way to predict cash flow; work with Project Managers on this and on billing arrangements
– Review corporate overhead expenses; prepare financial analyses as requested.
– Record and pay all invoices on a timely basis. Maximize early payment discounts and interest earned. Look for options for greater return on cash assets. Identify vendors that should be negotiated with for cash discounts, etc.
– Calculate and pay any sales or use taxes due.
– Maintain and reconcile all accrual and prepaid accounts monthly
– Develop and maintain an accounting manual/notebook
– Train backup personnel to maintain basic accounting functions in your absence
– Work with the company accountant to ensure tax compliance
– Work with HR to maintain records and verify reporting for the company 401k plan
– Work with Project Managers to prepare and understand project cost reports
– Assist Project Managers with project close-outs and final billing accuracy
– Work with the Administrative Assistant to maintain a neat, orderly and accessible filing system
– Have experience with Foundation Accounting system. Lead the charge in finding ways to use this system to its full potential. Facilitate training sessions to include other employees.
– Add additional “companies” to accounting system as required
– Record and compile hours and wage totals sufficient for audits by the staff
– Compensation and General Liability Insurance Companies.
– Prepare and file annual state Pre-Qualification Statement
Plumbing & Residential Property Management Division Administrator
This job involves supporting plumbing and residential property management. Duties include scheduling and dispatching plumbers, plumbing billing and residential property management billing, managing work orders, and accounts receivable follow up. Accounting, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook experience is required. Experience in plumbing or other trades is preferred. Full time.
Department Manager – Services Division
In short, the purpose of this role is to develop and grow the Services Division within the bounds set by the Executive Committee (territory, project size, project types, etc.). Develop and manage department staff; oversee and balance workload across the department managers and employees.
– Develop and pursue sales leads, estimate and sell work, responding timely
– Seek to bring in new customers in select, target areas
– Prepare contracts for customer execution
– Participate in creating marketing and advertising plans for the department
– Prepare billing for all Services Division jobs within your territory / management.
– Follow up through payment
– Staff management and development
– Communicate effectively using email and cell phone
– Help refine and cultivate best practices
– Raise awareness of Cape Associates’ brand through professional interactions
– Monitor and manage monthly statement (profit and loss statement)
– Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook , Word, Excel, Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software (Foundation).
Journeymen should have several years of carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools and own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials). They should be capable of layout, cutting rafters and stair stringers, sidewalling, and roofing. Journeymen should be working towards obtaining their Construction Supervisor’s License, if they don’t already have it. They should be able to read and interpret building plans. Must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Painter Laborer, Painter Foreman, and Painting Field Supervisor
Cape Associates is seeking reliable painters (Painting Foremen, Journeyman Painters and Apprentice Painters) for its growing painting division. Some painting experience preferred, will train the right candidates. Ability to work collaboratively with others, take directions and communicate effectively. Must have some basic tools, be physically fit and not afraid of heights.Don’t miss this opportunity to show off your talent and reap the rewards of a job well done. Seasonal opportunities also available. We are looking for painters who are committed to the highest level of quality attainable; be extremely neat and efficient in their execution of the work.
Must have vehicle and be able to lift 50 lbs. Foreman level should have a truck or van with racks for ladders.
Truck Driver & Yard/Warehouse Maintenance
This position is responsible for the warehouse and building at Cape Associates’ Eastham location and involves being a truck driver. Responsibilities include receiving deliveries, cleaning and organizing the warehouse, inventory, tool and equipment tracking, and driving the truck to do jobsite clean ups and tool and equipment pickup and delivery. Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds, have the ability to identify and evaluate malfunctioning equipment and recommend corrective measures or to repair, have a basic knowledge of computer software (including email) and a valid driver’s license. A hoisting license and CDL is preferred.
Project Manager (PM)
Candidate must have a minimum 4-year college degree and 10 years experience executing complex, multi-million dollar high-end residential and commercial construction projects. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience estimating and selling multi-million dollar residential projects. Preference given to candidates with Business Development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL) and green building experience (certified projects). Candidate should be a self-starter, be highly motivated and driven towards excellence.
PM’s have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion; must be able to shepherd clients through that process. PM’s manage multiple simultaneous projects from $30K to multi-million dollars in construction volume each and protect the company’s bottom line. PM’s nurture and develop relationships with clients, Architects and Engineers as well as continually expand their own professional network. PM’s should raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through their professional interactions. PM’s deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client. PM’s assist company leadership with project staffing projections, staff oversight and staff development. Must be very organized, have a keen sense of construction details and a passion for building projects.
PM’s are evaluated based upon the volume of sales they derive and the performance of the projects they oversee (quality, customer satisfaction and financial performance). PM is expected to achieve annual sales goals set by company leadership on an annual basis.
Property Management Division – Manager
In short, the purpose of the role is to develop and grow the Property Management group. Develop and manage department staff; oversee and balance workload across the department employees: Inspectors, Plumbers, administrator, etc.
– Manage all commercial properties. Cultivate relationship with Board Members and Homeowners. Identify business. development opportunities for other departments as they arise; leverage Executive Committee members to pursue these opportunities.
– Maintain and/or improve the level of service and communication delivered to Property Watch customers to stay consistent with the Cape Associates brand.
– Pursue sales leads for residential and commercial Property Management opportunities with the intent to grow that group on a year over year basis as established in the annual corporate budget(s).
– Identify, communicate target clients, work with Executive Committee to develop long range strategic plan for the department.
– Maintain organization and structure in the Property Management group
– Participate in creating marketing and advertising plans for the Property Management group; communicate regularly with Marketing Manager to be sure the correct message is being delivered at the right time.
– Maintain the Property Management group as a profitable enterprise that can stand on its own.
– Prepare regular billings for all Property Management customers.
– Oversee / manage Plumbing inventory and billings.
– Introduce redundant coverage to (and familiarity of) all Property Watch properties.
– Schedule inspections in a way to balance (flat line) work load across the days/week/month.
Residential Property Inspector
Must be very familiar with all aspects of residential and commercial buildings: structure, water infiltration, mechanical systems, water and septic systems, and life expectancies of building materials and systems. Personal integrity, trustworthiness, and communication skills are a must. Must be available for weekend or off-hours emergency storm checks. Must take and be responsive to emergency pager overnight one week on a rotated schedule. Must pass a CORI check. Must be reasonably efficient with a computer, smartphone, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Painting Department Manager
In short, the purpose of the role is to manage, develop and grow the Painting business unit. One or more Operations’ Managers report to the General Manager. Field employees and subcontractors report to the Operations Manager(s).
– Sell and develop sales leads for painting work both within the company (from the Builders group), from past customers and new customers.
– Introduce organization and structure to the Painting group
– Communicate specific terms of “sale” to the Operations Manager(s) tasked with managing the execution of the work.
– Schedule the work in a way that balances the work load – get ahead of the seasonality curve as best as possible.
– Maintain and/or improve the level of service and communication delivered to
– Painting customers to stay consistent with the Cape Associates brand
– Participate in creating marketing and advertising plans for the Painting group
– Prepare regular billings for Painting projects
Apprentice carpenters should have one to five years experience, and some power tools. Apprentice Carpenters should continue to invest in themselves by adding to their tool cache. Should be able to take directions and work alongside the foreman and journeymen carpenters as well. He/she should have good communication skills with their supervisors. Must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Tile setters are required to have the following skills: ability to prep and lay out a shower, lay out a floor in a grid, and build and pour shower pans. He/she must know how to mix mortar, be able to use a tile saw, and have the ability to read a tape measure. It’s important that this person be detail-oriented and able to follow directions. Must also be able to lift 80 pounds, have minor carpentry skills and be able to plan ahead. Must have own tools.
Accounts Payable Administrator
Cape Associates Office and Field Operations Management Positions:
This position consists of a lot of administration responsibilities and organization with the ability to communicate to all levels of staffing including upper management levels. The following skills required for this position are as follows: Invoice processing of approved invoices, accurately coding to expenses/jobs; Monitor vendor payments based on payment terms and maximize discount opportunities; resolve discrepancies with vendor statements; ensuring credit is received or additional payment is approved and schedule paid; keep vendor information files updated with appropriate information and assist in keeping payable files organized; assist with job/contract maintenance for timely processing of receivables and payables; maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions; verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions; protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.; complete related tasks as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Attention to detail, organization, PC proficiency, data entry skills, accounts payable experience a plus, Microsoft Office experience a plus
Hours: Part-time, 3 days a week, 24 hours a week. Potential for position to move to full time in the future.
Assistant Project Manager (APM)
Responsibilities include: Assist and take work load from Project Managers and Vice Presidents in all phases of custom construction including estimating, sales, purchasing, scheduling and execution. Must be driven and growth oriented. APM must have strong communication skills with ability to use all modern communication methods. Produce detailed cost estimates for projects of various size (up to $250K) under the direction of and for Project Manager(s). Help apply-for and track building permits. Prepare cost reports for active projects. Work with customers on product selections such as tile, fixtures, etc. Bid out, then manage/schedule/oversee subcontractors. Must have ability to independently manage projects sold by others (up to $500K). Execute and close-out projects in a timely, efficient manner. Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
Property Management Division – Assistant Manager
The Cape Associates Property Management Division is hiring for a Residential Portfolio Manager. This person will help to oversee the Home Property Watch with tasks to include:
– Manage annual customer contract process
– Manage work orders
– Communicate regularly with homeowners
– Manage customer’s spring and fall checklists
– Manage storm inspections
– Work closely with accounting on billing
– Manage quality of inspections and inspector’s routes
– Be available off hours for emergency storm inspections
– Exceptional customer service and communication skills
– Must have the ability to help manage small staff of inspectors
– Must be able to use Microsoft Outlook and Word
Property Management Accounting Associate –
This full-time position will perform accounting procedures for the Property Management Division of Cape Associates, such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, preparing 1099’s, financial reports, tracking payments and contracts and preparing spreadsheets. Must be very proficient in Quickbooks, proficient in Microsoft Office, and be willing to become efficient in our accounting software.
Full-time in-house designer, with a focus on shop drawing creation.
Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, have strong organizational and communication skills and be able to work independently. Some travel may be necessary. Additional hours may be necessary to meet deadlines.
– Must be proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and or 20/20 design programs
– Must be experienced in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook