JOIN THE CAPE ASSOCIATES FAMILY OF PROFESSIONALS
At Cape Associates, our mission is building life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity.
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid days off. We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. There has never been a better, more exciting time to join our growing team!
Call 508-255-1770 to talk with Human Resources or e-mail email@example.com with your resumé or questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Director of Project Development
The Director of Project Development is responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner. The Director of Project Development must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties. The Director of Project Development will be responsible for maintaining relationships in the construction community to provide market intelligence as well as ensure consideration for future business development opportunities. Other requirements include, but are not limited to, the ability to organize and manage multiple projects effectively, to manage cost control systems, review and analyze plans, facilitate the bidding/negotiations/buyout process as general contractor, review all forms (bidding, construction, or other) of requests for information (RFI’s), examine and negotiate change orders, and review and comment on submittals. The Director of Project Development should be generally versed in jurisdictional and architectural design requirements, applicable codes, as well as all associated development/construction. The successful candidate must be highly skilled in budgeting and scheduling with strong verbal and writing skills. The Director of Project Development will typically work on multiple projects simultaneously and must be able to work in a fast‐paced, multi‐task environment, balancing competing priorities and multiple project assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide advice, guidance and mentor other managers with their own professional development
- Help to establish and ensure achievement of short-term and long-term goals of the company
- Interview, hire and assist in training new employees
- Participate in employee reviews
- Facilitate and lead various internal and external meetings
- Participate in the development of new marketing ideas and strategies
- Establish a continuous development and growth plan for your own and your co-worker’s professional development
- Operational responsibilities will include project management, estimating, sales and business development
- Develop and grow our presence in the Upper Cape and Plymouth markets
- Sell and delegate management of new construction projects
- Manage projects thru pre-construction to ensure success and sale
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, Architects, Engineers and other decision makers
- Ensure success and client satisfaction of all projects in territory
- Must be organized, self-motivated, independent and have a keen sense of construction details and a passion for building projects.
- Assist with project staffing projections, staff oversight and staff development
- Help refine and cultivate best practices
- Grow the presence and awareness of all operating divisions within territory
- Maintain Massachusetts unrestricted Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Direct reports: builder division PM’s; all staff in territory office
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to construction (i.e., engineering, architecture, construction).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in construction with emphasis in complex, fast‐ track, or phased project delivery.
- High degree of demonstrated organizational skills and problem‐solving ability, specifically the ability to access resources inside and outside of the company.
- Respect for details and the ability to execute at a high level with significant independence.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks to achieve both corporate and project goals.
- Articulate communication skills – verbal, pictorial, numerical – as relevant to the development process.
- Strategic thinking demonstrated by ability to develop strategies to achieve organizational goals; understanding of organization's strengths & weaknesses; accurate and thorough analyses of costs and market conditions; identification of external issues and opportunities; and adaptation of strategy to changing conditions.
- Business acumen demonstrated by understanding of business implications of decisions; orientation to profitability; knowledge of market and competition; and alignment of work with strategic goals.
- Superior negotiating skills and a personable negotiator.
- Leadership skills demonstrated by confidence in self and others; ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well; and ability to effectively influence actions and opinions of others.
- Problem solving expertise, demonstrated by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner; working with others to solve complex issues.
- Interpersonal skills demonstrated by considering and responding appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; tactfulness; treating others with respect; and relating effectively to others when encountering difficult situations.
Carpenters (All Levels)
We are looking to add a talented HVAC Technician to our team. The HVAC technician will install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
- Installing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Experience with HVAC control systems to regulate the operation of a heating and/or air conditioning system.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and foreman/supervisor requirements.
- Any factory / manufacturer certifications are a “plus”.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
The Construction Supervisor (CS) is a hands-on manager of various projects working closely and directly reporting back to the Project Manager (PM). The CS helps coordinate and develop all staff on the site, CA employees, subcontractors and vendors. The CS will inspect the daily project progress and arranging for necessary materials and equipment to get the job done most efficiently with budgets and deadlines in mind. This progress is reported back to the PM, through a combination of office & site meetings, emails, and reports. CS make sure specifications and plans of the architect or owner are being met in conjunction with the stipulated contract, schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to state and local codes. They are likely to be involved in selecting specific material vendors and subcontractors and ensuring that these individuals are working well together. Need to be able to spearhead potential issues and troubleshoot problems that arise on the job. Responsible for making sure the jobsite is left secured and broom clean every day and that all equipment is working properly. Must maintain safe work practices and follow state and local guidelines concerning building projects. They may hold regular meetings with workers to review worksite safety and arranging for necessary equipment.
Strong oral and Written Communication
Ability to work Remotely with (ipad/laptop/iphone)
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Project Scheduling
Adobe PDF modifications/printing
Dropbox (project photo updates)
Establish the best communication method to keep PM up to date with daily progress
Document Daily Jobsite Reports for larger jobs ($300K +)
Project startup/mobilization and site logistics
Complete and total oversight of daily job site progress and subcontractors
Budget and Schedule Control and Communication
Schedule Town Inspections
Assist the project manager with Change Order Estimates
Manage and Organize on Site Documents (current plans, changes, spec sheets, material schedules, jobsite schedules, budgets)
Project Closeout/Homeowner Manuals/Client Turnover
Foremen should have at least seven to ten years’ carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools, own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials) and should have a Construction Supervisor’s License. Foremen should have the leadership skills to run a crew; building everything from a small addition to a complete house. Foremen should be willing and able to train their crew of journeymen and apprentice carpenters with the techniques to make them better craftsmen. They should be well organized and able to communicate easily and effectively with owners, office staff, subcontractors, and designers. The foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of construction. He should be able to meet quality standards, cost requirements, and project time schedules.
All levels must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Help Desk Support Technician
We are looking for a competent help desk support technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. You will be configuring individual workstations for employees as well as supporting their ongoing individual technology needs.
An excellent help desk support technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be service-oriented and patient to deal with technical difficulties that employees maybe facing on a regular basis.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, email or in-person
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the individual through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update employee status and information
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on technical procedures
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other technical support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Service-oriented and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field a plus
We are searching for a dependable, detail-oriented Master Electrician to join our company. The Master Electrician's responsibilities include using several tools to install and service electrical systems, observing company safety guidelines, documenting each project and updating client records, providing material cost and time estimates, and training apprentices. You should also be able to easily diagnose electrical faults and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as a Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. Outstanding Master Electricians have sound knowledge of their craft and the ability to transfer this knowledge and skill to apprentices.
Master Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to clients and other electricians.
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Helps during emergencies and off hour calls.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients/foremen/supervisor.
- Communicating with clients, vendors, and other workers on the job sight.
- Experience with generators and emergency power is preferred.
Master Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Relevant license or certification.
- A valid driver's license.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
Cape Associates would like you to join their vibrant and growing team. If you are an experienced Project Manager, Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Executive, this role is for you! At Cape Associates our mission is to build life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. Project managers have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the building industry with strong motivation and a passion for details.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects from $30K to multi-million dollars in construction volume
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, architects and engineers as well continually expand and develop your professional network
- Raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through professional interactions
- Complete in-house estimating takeoffs
- Develop subcontractor and vendor bid packages, permitting, project start up and mobilization
- Organize project start up documents for the jobsite; plans, schedules, in-house bid guides for the Construction Supervisor or Foremen
- Set up and prepare progress invoicing, change orders and schedules for clients
- Track subcontractor progress billings against awarded contracts
- Conduct onsite/offsite client meetings
- Direct product selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, light fixtures, paint, appliances, etc.)
- Prepare cost reports for tracking the financial outlook of projects.
- Deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client
- Assist company leadership with project field staffing projections, oversight and development
- Project closeout, punch lists, owner’s manuals, owner’s education and subcontractor introduction of systems and maintenance
- 4 year college degree
- 10 years of experience executing complex, high-end residential and commercial construction projects
- 3 years of experience estimating and selling high-end residential projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant building codes and scope of work
- Preference given to candidates with business development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Must be driven and growth oriented with a passion for building projects
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Must be computer and technology saavy
- Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
- Travel to assigned job sites and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Construction Estimator/Chief Estimator
We are seeking an estimator to join our talented team. Estimator will be responsible for evaluating project scope, creating bid packages for vendors and subcontractors, and analyzing plans and specifications to create timely bids and proposals to customers. Candidates will be expected to have exceptional communication skills for client and internal interactions as well as extensive customer service experience. Position is full-time and located out of our Eastham office. Exceptional, full benefits package.
Carpenters (All Levels)
Journeymen should have several years of carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools and own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials). They should be capable of layout, cutting rafters and stair stringers, sidewalling, and roofing. Journeymen should be working towards obtaining their Construction Supervisor’s License, if they don’t already have it. They should be able to read and interpret building plans.
Apprentice carpenters should have one to five years experience, and some power tools. Apprentice Carpenters should continue to invest in themselves by adding to their tool cache. Should be able to take directions and work alongside the foreman and journeymen carpenters as well. He/she should have good communication skills with their supervisors.
All carpenters must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.