JOIN THE CAPE ASSOCIATES FAMILY OF PROFESSIONALS
At Cape Associates, our mission is building life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity.
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid days off. We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. There has never been a better, more exciting time to join our growing team!
Call 508-255-1770 to talk with Human Resources or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé or questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
We are looking to add a talented HVAC Technician to our team. The HVAC technician will install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
- Installing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Experience with HVAC control systems to regulate the operation of a heating and/or air conditioning system.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and foreman/supervisor requirements.
- Any factory / manufacturer certifications are a “plus”.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Journeyman Plumber (Apprentice and Master Levels)
Journeymen must have the following skills: ability to inspect, repair, install, modify and maintain plumbing fixtures in heating, water and drainage systems in both the rough and finish stages; ability to identify electrical, plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and be able to take necessary corrective action. He/she must be familiar with all standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to plumbing and have a current journeyman license with the understanding that continuing education requirements must be followed and up to date. He/she must also be able to work independently or under supervision (Experience with heating systems a plus). Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
If you are an experienced Project Manager, Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Executive, this role is for you! At Cape Associates our mission is to build life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. Project managers have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the building industry with strong motivation and a passion for details.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, architects and engineers as well continually expand and develop your professional network
- Raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through professional interactions
- Complete in-house estimating takeoffs
- Develop subcontractor and vendor bid packages, permitting, project start up and mobilization
- Organize project start up documents for the job site; plans, schedules, in-house bid guides for the Construction Supervisor or Foremen
- Set up and prepare progress invoicing, change orders and schedules for clients
- Track subcontractor progress billings against awarded contracts
- Conduct onsite/offsite client meetings
- Direct product selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, light fixtures, paint, appliances, etc.)
- Prepare cost reports for tracking the financial outlook of projects.
- Deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client
- Assist company leadership with project field staffing projections, oversight and development
- Project closeout, punch lists, owner’s manuals, owner’s education and subcontractor introduction of systems and maintenance
- 4 year college degree preferred, however will consider significant experience
- Previous experience executing complex, residential and commercial construction projects
- Previous experience estimating and selling complex residential projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant building codes and scope of work
- Preference given to candidates with business development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Must be driven and growth oriented with a passion for building projects
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Must be computer and technology savvy
- Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
- Travel to assigned job sites and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
We are searching for a dependable, detail-oriented Master Electrician to join our company. The Master Electrician's responsibilities include using several tools to install and service electrical systems, observing company safety guidelines, documenting each project and updating client records, providing material cost and time estimates, and training apprentices. You should also be able to easily diagnose electrical faults and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as a Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. Outstanding Master Electricians have sound knowledge of their craft and the ability to transfer this knowledge and skill to apprentices.
Master Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to clients and other electricians.
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Helps during emergencies and off hour calls.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients/foremen/supervisor.
- Communicating with clients, vendors, and other workers on the job sight.
- Experience with generators and emergency power is preferred.
Master Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Relevant license or certification.
- A valid driver's license.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to assist general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions.
Senior Accountant performs financial functions related to the collection, accuracy, recording, analysis, and presentation of our business organization. Responsibilities include complete payroll processing, maintaining accurate reporting records, back up for accounts payable, accounts receivable and assist in month/year end closing and financial reporting.
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reporting.
Senior Accountant Job Responsibilities:
- Payroll processing experience and ability to compile and record employee time and payroll data. Including computing, post wages, deductions, make tax and garnishment payment.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Assist in preparing monthly profit and loss statements, balance sheet and other reports.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for Vice President of Finance.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Plumbing Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management and property management clients by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, flexible and adaptable to high paced office environment, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. The Administrative Assistant must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, verbal, and written communication. Most importantly, the Administrative Assistant should have a genuine desire to meet the needs of others and thrive in a team environment.
• Client communications to include financial reporting and client bill creation.
• Using computers to generate reports, documents and financial statements.
• Maintain polite and professional communication with clients via phone, e-mail, and mail.
• Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive client experience.
• Bookkeeping for property management clients.
• Process and track customer payments.
• File paperwork and maintain files for each commercial property account.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial reports for board meetings.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
• Prior administrative assistant experience.
• Excellent computer skills. Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word a must.
• Attention to detail.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.