JOIN THE CAPE ASSOCIATES FAMILY OF PROFESSIONALS
At Cape Associates, our mission is building life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity.
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid personal days (floating holidays). We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. There has never been a better, more exciting time to join our growing team!
Call 508-255-1770 to talk with Human Resources or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé or questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Residential Property Inspector
Cape Associates is hiring for a Residential Property Inspector. This person must be very familiar with all aspects of residential and commercial buildings: structure, water infiltration, mechanical systems, water and septic systems, and life expectancies of building materials and systems. Personal integrity, trustworthiness, and communication skills are a must. Must be available for weekend or off-hours emergency storm checks. Must take and be responsive to emergency pager overnight one week on a rotated schedule. Must pass a CORI check. Must be efficient with a computer, Smartphone, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Position is full time with some off hour work possible. Competitive pay and full benefits including paid holidays, PTO, health, dental, short-term disability and life insurance, and 401k profit sharing.
Carpenters (All Levels)
Foremen should have at least seven to ten years’ carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools, own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials) and should have a Construction Supervisor’s License. Foremen should have the leadership skills to run a crew; building everything from a small addition to a complete house. Foremen should be willing and able to train their crew of journeymen and apprentice carpenters with the techniques to make them better craftsmen. They should be well organized and able to communicate easily and effectively with owners, office staff, subcontractors, and designers. The foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of construction. He should be able to meet quality standards, cost requirements, and project time schedules.
Journeymen should have several years of carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools and own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials). They should be capable of layout, cutting rafters and stair stringers, sidewalling, and roofing. Journeymen should be working towards obtaining their Construction Supervisor’s License, if they don’t already have it. They should be able to read and interpret building plans.
Apprentice carpenters should have one to five years experience, and some power tools. Apprentice Carpenters should continue to invest in themselves by adding to their tool cache. Should be able to take directions and work alongside the foreman and journeymen carpenters as well. He/she should have good communication skills with their supervisors.
Laborers should be physically fit, have a driver’s license, and own some basic tools, work boots, and gloves. They should have a willingness to learn the trade and to advance in the trade. This is an entry level role for anyone new to the industry and/or new to the carpentry trade.
All levels must have transportation and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Project Manager (PM)
Cape Associates is seeking an experienced project manager to join their vibrant and growing team. At Cape Associates our mission is to build life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. Project managers have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the building industry with strong motivation and a passion for details.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects from $30K to multi-million dollars in construction volume
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, architects and engineers as well continually expand and develop your professional network
- Raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through professional interactions
- Complete in-house estimating takeoffs
- Develop subcontractor and vendor bid packages, permitting, project start up and mobilization
- Organize project start up documents for the jobsite; plans, schedules, in-house bid guides for the Construction Supervisor or Foremen
- Set up and prepare progress invoicing, change orders and schedules for clients
- Track subcontractor progress billings against awarded contracts
- Conduct onsite/offsite client meetings
- Direct product selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, light fixtures, paint, appliances, etc.)
- Prepare cost reports for tracking the financial outlook of projects.
- Deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client
- Assist company leadership with project field staffing projections, oversight and development
- Project closeout, punch lists, owner’s manuals, owner’s education and subcontractor introduction of systems and maintenance
- 4 year college degree
- 10 years of experience executing complex, high-end residential and commercial construction projects
- 3 years of experience estimating and selling high-end residential projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant building codes and scope of work
- Preference given to candidates with business development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Must be driven and growth oriented with a passion for building projects
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Must be computer and technology saavy
- Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
- Travel to assigned job sites and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, PTO and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan.
Administrative Assistant (AA) - Yarmouth
Cape Associates, Cape Cod’s leading custom builder, is looking for an Administrative Assistant for our Yarmouth office. Candidates must have excellent customer service and prioritization skills, be flexible and adaptable to a high-paced work environment, and be extremely organized. The role will include reception, office organization, and administrative and project-related tasks as designated by the project management team. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have excellent typing skills.
Advancement opportunities for the right candidate. 2-5 years administrative assistant experience in the construction field preferred. Position is full-time, Monday – Friday, with full benefits including paid time off, health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance and 401k.
Cape Associates is seeking reliable painters (Journeyman Painters and Apprentice Painters) for its growing painting division. Some painting experience preferred, will train the right candidates. Ability to work collaboratively with others, take directions and communicate effectively. Must have some basic tools, be physically fit and not afraid of heights. Must have vehicle and be able to lift 50 lbs.
We are looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Designer/Draftsperson to complete our in-house drafting and design team. We handle a wide variety of residential projects in collaboration with the region’s top Architects while also independently offering our clients design services for smaller to medium size projects.
Top candidates will be proficient with 2D CAD and 3D modeling in SketchUp and accompanying post production graphic skills in Adobe Suite. Candidates will hold a relevant college-level degree and 2-4 years’ experience. Due to the self-driven nature of the role it is imperative that candidates possess strong organizational and communication skills in addition to precision architectural drawing production ability; candidate will be working independently and reporting to a Design Team Coordinator.
Cape Associates offers a unique and exciting environment with almost 100 full-time craftspeople and wood working shop. Our design staff will gain valuable knowledge of the construction process while being free to test their own creative problem-solving, not typically available to entry-level architectural staff at traditional firms. Site visits and varied projects will be the norm and there will be ample opportunity for the development of leadership in the design field. Position is full-time with full benefits including paid time off, health, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance and 401k. Apply Now!