JOIN THE CAPE ASSOCIATES FAMILY OF PROFESSIONALS
At Cape Associates, our mission is building life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity.
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid days off. We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. There has never been a better, more exciting time to join our growing team!
Call 508-255-1770 to talk with Human Resources or e-mail email@example.com with your resumé or questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
The Construction Supervisor (CS) is a hands-on manager of various projects working closely and directly reporting back to the Project Manager (PM). The CS helps coordinate and develop all staff on the site, CA employees, subcontractors and vendors. The CS will inspect the daily project progress and arranging for necessary materials and equipment to get the job done most efficiently with budgets and deadlines in mind. This progress is reported back to the PM, through a combination of office & site meetings, emails, and reports. CS make sure specifications and plans of the architect or owner are being met in conjunction with the stipulated contract, schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to state and local codes. They are likely to be involved in selecting specific material vendors and subcontractors and ensuring that these individuals are working well together. Need to be able to spearhead potential issues and troubleshoot problems that arise on the job. Responsible for making sure the jobsite is left secured and broom clean every day and that all equipment is working properly. Must maintain safe work practices and follow state and local guidelines concerning building projects. They may hold regular meetings with workers to review worksite safety and arranging for necessary equipment.
Strong oral and Written Communication
Ability to work Remotely with (ipad/laptop/iphone)
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Project Scheduling
Adobe PDF modifications/printing
Dropbox (project photo updates)
Establish the best communication method to keep PM up to date with daily progress
Document Daily Jobsite Reports for larger jobs ($300K +)
Project startup/mobilization and site logistics
Complete and total oversight of daily job site progress and subcontractors
Budget and Schedule Control and Communication
Schedule Town Inspections
Assist the project manager with Change Order Estimates
Manage and Organize on Site Documents (current plans, changes, spec sheets, material schedules, jobsite schedules, budgets)
Project Closeout/Homeowner Manuals/Client Turnover
Foremen should have at least seven to ten years’ carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools, own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials) and should have a Construction Supervisor’s License. Foremen should have the leadership skills to run a crew; building everything from a small addition to a complete house. Foremen should be willing and able to train their crew of journeymen and apprentice carpenters with the techniques to make them better craftsmen. They should be well organized and able to communicate easily and effectively with owners, office staff, subcontractors, and designers. The foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of construction. He should be able to meet quality standards, cost requirements, and project time schedules.
All levels must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Carpenters (All Levels)
Journeymen should have several years of carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools and own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials). They should be capable of layout, cutting rafters and stair stringers, sidewalling, and roofing. Journeymen should be working towards obtaining their Construction Supervisor’s License, if they don’t already have it. They should be able to read and interpret building plans.
Apprentice carpenters should have one to five years experience, and some power tools. Apprentice Carpenters should continue to invest in themselves by adding to their tool cache. Should be able to take directions and work alongside the foreman and journeymen carpenters as well. He/she should have good communication skills with their supervisors.
All carpenters must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Cape Associates would like you to join their vibrant and growing team. If you are an experienced Project Manager, Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Executive, this role is for you! At Cape Associates our mission is to build life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. Project managers have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the building industry with strong motivation and a passion for details.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects from $30K to multi-million dollars in construction volume
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, architects and engineers as well continually expand and develop your professional network
- Raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through professional interactions
- Complete in-house estimating takeoffs
- Develop subcontractor and vendor bid packages, permitting, project start up and mobilization
- Organize project start up documents for the jobsite; plans, schedules, in-house bid guides for the Construction Supervisor or Foremen
- Set up and prepare progress invoicing, change orders and schedules for clients
- Track subcontractor progress billings against awarded contracts
- Conduct onsite/offsite client meetings
- Direct product selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, light fixtures, paint, appliances, etc.)
- Prepare cost reports for tracking the financial outlook of projects.
- Deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client
- Assist company leadership with project field staffing projections, oversight and development
- Project closeout, punch lists, owner’s manuals, owner’s education and subcontractor introduction of systems and maintenance
- 4 year college degree
- 10 years of experience executing complex, high-end residential and commercial construction projects
- 3 years of experience estimating and selling high-end residential projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant building codes and scope of work
- Preference given to candidates with business development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Must be driven and growth oriented with a passion for building projects
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Must be computer and technology saavy
- Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
- Travel to assigned job sites and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Construction Estimator/Chief Estimator
We are seeking an estimator to join our talented team. Estimator will be responsible for evaluating project scope, creating bid packages for vendors and subcontractors, and analyzing plans and specifications to create timely bids and proposals to customers. Candidates will be expected to have exceptional communication skills for client and internal interactions as well as extensive customer service experience. Position is full-time and located out of our Eastham office. Exceptional, full benefits package.
Truck Driver & Warehouse Laborer
Truck Driver & Warehouse Laborer
This position is responsible for the warehouse and building at Cape Associates’ Eastham location and involves being a truck driver. Responsibilities include receiving deliveries, cleaning and organizing the warehouse, inventory, tool and equipment tracking, and driving the truck to do jobsite clean ups and tool and equipment pickup and delivery. Must be able to lift at least 80 pounds, have the ability to identify and evaluate malfunctioning equipment and recommend corrective measures or to repair, have a basic knowledge of computer software (including email) and a valid driver’s license. A hoisting license and CDL is preferred but not required.
Must be able to lift 80 pounds.