JOIN THE CAPE ASSOCIATES FAMILY OF PROFESSIONALS
At Cape Associates, our mission is building life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity.
Cape Associates, Inc. offers a full benefits package to its employees. This package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. Cape Associates has a profit sharing and 401k plan. There are seven paid holidays as well as five paid days off. We offer mileage reimbursement and have a bonus incentive program. We are proud to provide steady, year-round employment, 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year. There has never been a better, more exciting time to join our growing team!
Call 508-255-1770 to talk with Human Resources or e-mail email@example.com with your resumé or questions.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
Carpenters: Laborers, Apprentice, Journeymen
Laborers should be physically fit, have a driver’s license, and own some basic tools, work boots, and gloves. They should have a willingness to learn the trade and to advance in the trade. This is an entry level role for anyone new to the industry and/or new to the carpentry trade.
Apprentice carpenters should have one to five years experience, and some power tools. Apprentice Carpenters should continue to invest in themselves by adding to their tool cache. Should be able to take directions and work alongside the foreman and journeymen carpenters as well. He/she should have good communication skills with their supervisors.
Journeymen should have several years of carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools and own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials). They should be capable of layout, cutting rafters and stair stringers, sidewalling, and roofing. Journeymen should be working towards obtaining their Construction Supervisor’s License, if they don’t already have it. They should be able to read and interpret building plans.
For all positions, must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
Residential Construction Estimator
Cape Associates, Cape Cod’s leading custom builder, is hiring a residential construction estimator to join their talented team. Estimator will be responsible for evaluating project scope, creating bid packages for vendors and subcontractors, and analyzing plans and specifications to create timely bids and proposals to customers. Candidates will be expected to have exceptional communication skills for client and internal interactions as well as extensive customer service experience. Position is full-time and located out of our Eastham office. Exceptional, full benefits package.
Journeyman Plumber (Apprentice and Master Levels)
Journeymen must have the following skills: ability to inspect, repair, install, modify and maintain plumbing fixtures in heating, water and drainage systems in both the rough and finish stages; ability to identify electrical, plumbing and safety problems applicable to the installation and be able to take necessary corrective action. He/she must be familiar with all standard concepts, practices, and procedures related to plumbing and have a current journeyman license with the understanding that continuing education requirements must be followed and up to date. He/she must also be able to work independently or under supervision (Experience with heating systems a plus). Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
We are looking to add a talented HVAC Technician to our team. The HVAC technician will install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC Technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician Responsibilities:
- Installing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Experience with HVAC control systems to regulate the operation of a heating and/or air conditioning system.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and foreman/supervisor requirements.
- Any factory / manufacturer certifications are a “plus”.
HVAC Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or suitable equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
Residential Property Inspector, Property Management Division
Must be very familiar with all aspects of residential and commercial buildings: structure, water infiltration, mechanical systems, water and septic systems, and life expectancies of building materials and systems. Personal integrity, trustworthiness, and communication skills are a must. Must be available for weekend or off-hours emergency storm checks. Must take and be responsive to emergency pager overnight one week on a rotated schedule. Must pass a CORI check. Must be reasonably efficient with a computer, smartphone, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Foremen should have at least seven to ten years’ carpentry experience, should own a complete set of hand and power tools, own a truck or van with a rack (for transportation of tools and materials) and should have a Construction Supervisor’s License. Foremen should have the leadership skills to run a crew; building everything from a small addition to a complete house. Foremen should be willing and able to train their crew of journeymen and apprentice carpenters with the techniques to make them better craftsmen. They should be well organized and able to communicate easily and effectively with owners, office staff, subcontractors, and designers. The foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of construction. He should be able to meet quality standards, cost requirements, and project time schedules.
The Construction Supervisor (CS) is a hands-on manager of various projects working closely and directly reporting back to the Project Manager (PM). The CS helps coordinate and develop all staff on the site, CA employees, subcontractors and vendors. The CS will inspect the daily project progress and arranging for necessary materials and equipment to get the job done most efficiently with budgets and deadlines in mind. This progress is reported back to the PM, through a combination of office & site meetings, emails, and reports. CS make sure specifications and plans of the architect or owner are being met in conjunction with the stipulated contract, schedule and budget and ensuring adherence to state and local codes. They are likely to be involved in selecting specific material vendors and subcontractors and ensuring that these individuals are working well together. Need to be able to spearhead potential issues and troubleshoot problems that arise on the job. Responsible for making sure the jobsite is left secured and broom clean every day and that all equipment is working properly. Must maintain safe work practices and follow state and local guidelines concerning building projects. They may hold regular meetings with workers to review worksite safety and arranging for necessary equipment.
Strong oral and Written Communication
Ability to work Remotely with (ipad/laptop/iphone)
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Project Scheduling
Adobe PDF modifications/printing
Dropbox (project photo updates)
Establish the best communication method to keep PM up to date with daily progress
Document Daily Jobsite Reports for larger jobs ($300K +)
Project startup/mobilization and site logistics
Complete and total oversight of daily job site progress and subcontractors
Budget and Schedule Control and Communication
Schedule Town Inspections
Assist the project manager with Change Order Estimates
Manage and Organize on Site Documents (current plans, changes, spec sheets, material schedules, jobsite schedules, budgets)
Project Closeout/Homeowner Manuals/Client Turnover
Must have vehicle and be able to lift 80 pounds.
We are searching for a dependable, detail-oriented Master Electrician to join our company. The Master Electrician's responsibilities include using several tools to install and service electrical systems, observing company safety guidelines, documenting each project and updating client records, providing material cost and time estimates, and training apprentices. You should also be able to easily diagnose electrical faults and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as a Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. Outstanding Master Electricians have sound knowledge of their craft and the ability to transfer this knowledge and skill to apprentices.
Master Electrician Responsibilities:
- Installing, repairing, and servicing electrical systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to clients and other electricians.
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Helps during emergencies and off hour calls.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients/foremen/supervisor.
- Communicating with clients, vendors, and other workers on the job sight.
- Experience with generators and emergency power is preferred.
Master Electrician Requirements:
- High school diploma or similar.
- Relevant license or certification.
- A valid driver's license.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
If you are an experienced Project Manager, Estimator, Project Superintendent, Project Engineer, or Project Executive, this role is for you! At Cape Associates our mission is to build life-long relationships with our customers and with our employees, based upon an uncompromising commitment to quality and integrity. Project managers have total, single-source responsibility for project team success from inception to completion. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of experience in the building industry with strong motivation and a passion for details.
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Nurture and develop relationships with clients, architects and engineers as well continually expand and develop your professional network
- Raise awareness of the Cape Associates brand through professional interactions
- Complete in-house estimating takeoffs
- Develop subcontractor and vendor bid packages, permitting, project start up and mobilization
- Organize project start up documents for the job site; plans, schedules, in-house bid guides for the Construction Supervisor or Foremen
- Set up and prepare progress invoicing, change orders and schedules for clients
- Track subcontractor progress billings against awarded contracts
- Conduct onsite/offsite client meetings
- Direct product selections (plumbing fixtures, tile, light fixtures, paint, appliances, etc.)
- Prepare cost reports for tracking the financial outlook of projects.
- Deliver the highest quality product achievable while maintaining strict adherence to budget parameters set forth by the client
- Assist company leadership with project field staffing projections, oversight and development
- Project closeout, punch lists, owner’s manuals, owner’s education and subcontractor introduction of systems and maintenance
- 4 year college degree preferred, however will consider significant experience
- Previous experience executing complex, residential and commercial construction projects
- Previous experience estimating and selling complex residential projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant building codes and scope of work
- Preference given to candidates with business development experience, Construction Supervisor’s License (CSL)
- Must be driven and growth oriented with a passion for building projects
- Must have strong communication and organization skills
- Must be computer and technology savvy
- Knowledge and fluent use of the following software programs: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Project; Adobe Reader (including editing PDF documents) and willing to learn our construction accounting software and client database software.
- Travel to assigned job sites and ability to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The marketing manager plays a key role on the operations team and is the hub of many operational initiatives. Representing the company in communications both internally and to the public, the right candidate understands the importance of brand management, is an expert in marketing across multiple channels and is technically savvy. This position reports directly to the president/CEO and requires confidence in marketing best-practices and ability to multi-task.
The marketing manager is responsible for managing the marketing budget, strategizing, executing and reporting on campaigns, and working with company divisions to assure they have the materials they need to reach their goals.
Other tasks include creating and distributing press releases, editorial submissions, managing client communications, job site photography, event planning and collaborating with industry partners to forward the mission of the company.
Must be an expert in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and all social media platforms. Experience with Hubspot, Dropbox, and G-Suite preferred.
5 -10 years of marketing experience required. Knowledge of the building industry on Cape Cod a huge plus.
Handyman/Carpenter, Property Management Division
We are looking for a skilled and reliable Handyman to join our Property Management Division. You will be responsible for all upkeep and repair duties including maintaining green spaces, identifying the need for repairs, responding to clients’ maintenance requests, and servicing company equipment.
To be an effective handyman, you will be skilled and hard-working, with outstanding problem-solving abilities. Skillful hands, good physical stamina, and strong technical knowledge are important parts of the successful candidates’ talents.
- Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, clean facilities and managing maintenance repairs.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Respond to clients’ maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems..
- Conduct performance assessments of clients appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Provide clients’ with support and guidance on maintaining their properties.
- Must pass a CORI check.